Thursday, May 21, 2009

Looking really "Pretty"


Being pretty is very important to Ady. Every morning after she gets ready for the day she asks, "Mom, I look pretty?" It is very interesting to me that she notices when I am trying to look good and she always comments. She goes through my clothes and tells me if each article of clothing is either "pretty" or "uggy". Yesterday while Hollen was taking his nap, we decided to make our toenails look "pretty", so we took out the polish and giggled as we painted our nails. Then, we had to freeze so they would dry.

A few minutes later, I was outside talking with Marlo and Ady was way too quiet. I knew what that meant. There was a mess somewhere that I was going to have to clean up. As I entered the house, she was walking out with "pretty" legs, arms, and toes. She also made the bathroom "pretty", along with the floor and the towel. In her quest to make everything pretty she went through an entire bottle of fingernail polish. Here are a few pics to show her artwork. Here are her toes (her legs were already cleaned off at this point), one section of the floor, the towel, and of course, her smiling face after we took off her clothes to check for polish. How can anyone get mad at that face?




After a very interesting day, filled with fingernail polish, poop all over the bathroom floor (This one was my fault. I asked her to take off her diaper to get in the tub and I didn't know she had pooped her pants. She was so obedient and took off her diaper, then noticed that something was still on her bum, so she reached down to find out what is was. Of course, her hand was covered in poop so she smeared it all over her tummy to try to get it off. Then, I guess her face had an itch, because by the time I turned around from turning on the water, it was on her cheeks as well. What could I do but laugh? I would have taken a picture, but it was really gross.)

So, we got her cleaned, then in the tub and I had to call my mom to tell her about my funny day. As I was talking to her and trying to get pajamas pulled out for the kids, I noticed that I stepped in something soft. Poop. It must have flown out of the diaper when she flung it on the floor. Silly, silly day.


By bed time, I was exhausted, but there were little moments that day that made me realize how much I love being a mom. Wow, I love this girl!

5 comments:

Katie Thompson on May 27, 2009 at 7:37 PM said...

Dear stephanie, I am deeply sorry for my forgetfullness of piano today I M SORRY!!!!!!:''(. Is there another time we
Can do a lesson. We have just been really busy this week I have been putting ok a roof all week .so I was tires and forgot but my mom did too so I don't feel as bad:) anyway! Ttyl! Ps girls camp is next week. (friendly reminder). :D give us a call anytime between 6:15am 10pm. HAStA!

Katie Thompson on May 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM said...

on* tired*

Nicole Palmer on June 24, 2009 at 10:28 PM said...

HELLO long lost blogging cousins!! I had NO idea that you guys had a blog - FUN!! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a little mess pot! We had a diaper rash cream incident just the other day!! LOL!! Super cute pictures!

Camille on July 17, 2009 at 10:57 AM said...

I didn't know you had a blog either...so glad that you do. Love your family...so fun to go to the train everyday and put pennies down. Keep bloggin cuz! Love you guys!

Summers Family on August 11, 2009 at 3:49 PM said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute! I hope you don't mind that I found your blog!

Post a Comment